Saturday, July 17, 2010

Responsibly Irresponsible

Hey guys! So.... SO much has happened since the last time I have blogged and its hard to firugre out what to even begin blogging about! Since the bush we have been all over from Kijabe to Narobi... and we are now in Dar Es Salam, Tanzania!

We spent four days on the border on Kenya at an orphenage and school, and it was such an incredible time!! We also visited the 2nd largest slum in Africa, Kibera, and what an experience that was!! I have a story and pictures that I will upload from that, as soon as I get the chance with more time!

Our team as a whole has really been praying and thinking about Ewosil (one of the towns we were in when we were in the bush in Kenya!) I, myself, havent been able to get it off my mind! Just what God has in store for that place.

Just one well dug... would provide water for the ENTIRE town (which is a huge daily struggle for them now) and not only would it provide water, it would also allow them to create a business... which allows others in near-by towns to have more access to food... and right there the economy is doubled, if not, trippled in that community alone.

In result= less kids would have to go to sleep hungry and thirsty. More widows not having to worry about how they are going to provide water and food for their children the next day... while us Americans go to sleep with our stomachs hurting because we stuffed ourselves so bad at El Ran.

One well is $12,000. And there is 9 people on this team. Thats only less than $1400 dollars that each of us would have to raise for a whole town to be provided for. CRAZY!

I also can't get my mind off those little girls being seduced at ages as young as 9 (in america that is 3rd and 4th graders!!!) and this is a continual cycle that they are in... thats been going on for years! If only we could one day provide a rescue house for the girls.. to begin the process of breaking this cycle. Educating them, and allowing them to become true women of God.

...and if what if we were one day able to provide a ministry for the warriors so that they could be discipled and taught how to treat women, and live a powerful life in Christ.

...and what if one day we were able to get a online sotre business for the widows there, to be able to earn money and sustain themselves and their families. We could teach them how to make reasonable FLOWER HEADBANDS (haha everyone knows those are my favortie), jewlery, and even cute clothing!

and the list could go on and on..

okay one more- in Satoman, one of the towns near Ewsoil we visited... the church doesnt have even a building. It would cost less than 2,000 to build them one. Maybe even way cheeper then that with a team building it for them. And the leader of the church is 14 years old, without a bible.

Look what little we could do to change a community(ies) completely around, all for the glory of God! As a team we feel that this passion, has now come kind of a responsibility. I don't want to be the one that lets another girl, at eleven years old, have to go through this lifestyle...

In the book Wild Goose Chase that I just got done reading.. .it says this "Responsible Irresponsibility means refusing to allow your human responsibilities to get in the way of pursuing the passions God puts in your heart. When God puts a passion in your heart- that GOD ORDAINED passion becomes your responsibility, and you have a choice to make.. are you going to be irresponsibly responsible or responsibly irresponsible?"

You know, my sister, Heidi, and her husband, could of easily passed over the God ordained passion that was laid on their hearts of adopting an orphan from Ethiopia. But instead they didn't listen to what the world told them about adopting, and now because of their obedience to taking it as a responsibility to literally "care for the orphans" just as the bible tells us over and over.. there is one less child who has to go to bed at night without being tucked in by their mother and being told that he is loved. there is one less child who has to grow up in a life of complete poverty and no education.

My nephew Jonas has a family, and an incredbile life ahead of him because of the passion God put in Heidi and Scotts hearts. (read their blog www.armstrongfamilyof5.blogspot.com)here is their video of their journey


TO be honest about this whole passion he has given this team.. we have no idea whats in store. But I do know its a God-ordained passion, which has become a responsibility. SO if it just means doing fundrasiers at school or in Townelake. COUNT ME IN. Hold me accountable! Cause we as a team want to to be known as responsibly irresponsible!

Amen?

4 comments:

  1. Allee, reading your blog has been truly moving! I would love to help with fundraisers! Me and Boo will def. help! :) Hug some of those little kids for me :)

    Your sis' blog is so interesting! Jonas is adorable! :)

    Be safe and remember all of your stories so you can tell me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allee i just woke up in honduras and i am about to go do my quiet time and that just gave me a lot to think about! I have been feeling the same about honduras and my brian has been racking with ideas of how to helo this place that i love so much! i am going to be in prayer for you as well myself because i thing that godd has given us a passion and that i totally agree is a responsibility! i love you keep doing gods workk and i cannot wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just finished reading the book "Radical" and I can't get Africa of my mind-I guess it is my God given responsibility. It is amazing to think how much of a difference can be made with such a little bit of money. I pray that your passion will not fade when you return home. Follow the call-you can't go wrong.

    Jessica
    www.steadfastminds-ethiopia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alexandra KavadellasJuly 21, 2010 at 5:29 PM

    You guys get me with your videos lol I cried again!! I think about you everyday and miss you so much! Love YOU!! God is so incredible.

    ~Alex

    ReplyDelete