Saturday, June 26, 2010

What we have been waiting for.....





AN UPDATE FROM ALLEE!! YEA

There is something remarkable that God's been teaching me since I have been here and its that his word is absolute truth. Your response is ... yeah alllee, duh I would hope you believe that since you are a Christian.

Don't get me wrong, I have always believed his word was truth, but I also believed it as if it was written 2,000 years ago.


Example: The first morning we were here, we didn't have much to eat and all we had was some peanut butter and one piece of toast for each of us. Angie prayed that God would multiply that food and that our stomachs would be filled and satisfied, because we were all STARVING and weren't sure when the next time we would be eating. Welp, NO JOKE... we all took about 2 bites of that thing and we were STUFFED. I seriously couldn't finish my toast.

We've all heard the story about when Jesus took 5 loaves of break and 2 fish and fed 5,000 people... and they were all full. (Mark 6) I honestly believe God multiplied that bread and peanut butter for us. We kept laughing about it because we were blown away. Haha we then told Angie she wasn't aloud to pray that anymore cause we liked food to much ha!

Too often we take the BIG stories of God and put them in a box. We think that in today's time something as in God multplying good so our stomachs can be satisfied... isn't a common normal day thing. But it is! Jesuss says he is the same today as he was 2 thousand years ago.

Another misconception I have been fooled by for all these years is the cabability of God using me even when I feel completely incapable. Im reading this INCREDIBLE book called "The Wild Goose Chase" and at one point it quotes this... "...It was about as laughable as a farmer named Noah building an ark, a shepard named David fighting a Philstine GIANT, or a murderer named Paul writing half of the New Testament."


I love that. I pray that that inspires you like it does to me. For your God-ordained Passions no matter how incapable you think you are... or no matter how many fears you will have to overcome.

The God the Bible talks about that heals the blind.. still reigns today.


I didn't think that I a dumb 19 year old who has only been a Christian for 4 years was capable of praying over someone so that God would heal them. But where in the Bible was anyone qualified to do something. God over and over again tells us that if we have the faith to believe he can do the "impossible" that... HE WILL.

I can't testify that God has healed me of some horrible disease that I suffered with... but I can testify that God has healed me. He's healed me from pain, struggles, fear, anziety, and the list could go on for forever.


We as a team have had many many opportunities to pray over people. We have prayed for over 70 people to accept Christ in their hearts. And to be honest it has become "normal" to pray for healing for someone who has severe Mallaira, or a child with a massive tumor in their stomach.

** Reminder we have only been here for 2 weeks.


But it comes down to this. Jesus' Love.

It traces me back to an awesome book called Irresistable Revolution (if you haven't read it... go buy it!!). Shane quotes this: "Jesus raised his friend Lazarus from the dead, and a few years later... Lazerus die again. Jesus healed the sick but eventually they caught some other disease. He fed the thousands, and the next day they were hungary again. But we remember his love. It wasn't about the fact that Jesus healed as leper, but that he touched a leper... because nobody touched lepers. And the incredible thing about that love is that it now lives inside of us. Jesus says that he is going to the Fther but will also remain inside of us, and we in Him. We ar the body of Christ, the hands and feet of Jesus to the wolrd. Christ is living inside of me and you, walking the earth. We shall do even greater things because the love that lived in the radical Christ now lives within millions of radicals all over the planet."

As a team we have been moved Radically with his love. The weeks in Uganda we did everything from door-to-door evangelism, school ministry, fellowshiping with the locals, and even a open-air crusade where we sang songs, preached the gospel, performed skits, prayed for people... etc etc

I can't tell you that we saw a blind man healed, or that we fed with just 5 loaves of bread. But I can tell you that we have had the honor and priveledge of looking into eyes of a young arican child who has been wearing the same outfit for months and has been battling Mallaria for as long as he can remember... and simply saying "Jesus loves you more than anything."

That is a glimpse of heaven in itself. If thats all I can accomplish in my time here in Africa, then everything is worth it.

His love and truth is continuing to blow me away.

No comments:

Post a Comment