Thursday, June 3, 2010

Send Off Time!

My bags are packed (well kinda...) and I am more then ready! Tomorrow I meet my team in Atlanta, and we have training Friday-Monday. Tuesday is when we are off to Uganda!

Check SpellingI have been having nightmares all week that I am going to forget something. If anyone doesn't know my past: here's a glimpse. Last year when I went to Honduras, I forgot my passport. My mom had to drive home (an hour and a half north of the airport) and race back to the airport to get it to me. Luckily, I made the flight. THEN when we arrived to Honduras, and we're going through customs and I couldn't find my passport. I HAD LEFT IT ON THE PLANE IN THE SEAT POCKET. Once again, I got lucky and the plane we flew in on hadn't left yet.

You would think I would have learned my lesson.......

A month later I was going to California. My stepdad was driving us, and we get in the car and he says "Allee you got your passport (sarcasm)" and I said ha ha very funny, I'm not going out of the country so I don't need it. WELP turns out we are driving to the airport and my sister calls from home saying there is a big bag in the kitchen. TURNS OUT, I LEFT MY LUGGAGE AT HOME!!
On that note... lets pray I don't leave anything... goodness gracious, I don't want to have to go through that again, that's for sure!

I have had an incredible last week at home! Monday I spent time with some good friends (Alex G, Kelly, Natalie, Jacqueline, and Kaleigh). Alex Griffith is spending her summer in Honduras doing missions (click here to read her blog) and she leaves the same day I do. So we got together at Natalies, and the girls prayed over me and Alex before we leave. They are such incredible friends and I am so blessed to have them in my life!!

Tuesday night I got together with some more good friends!! I have been friends with these girls since elementary school, and they mean the world to me! We went to dinner and hung out at Lindseys after and played apples to apples (my favorite!). Kailey got me a little travel pack gift... in it was a bunch of goodies for me to take to Africa. Including labels that say: "If Found, Please Return to Allee Rodenbaugh.... she looses everything". UM EMBARRASSING. But you can imagine how happy my mom was to see those. Hopefully this will help my horrible habits of loosing EVERYTHING!

Ali, Lindsey, Katie, Me, Alex, Taylea, and Kailey at the restaurant!

Then yesterday me and mom spent the day shopping at the good ol' WalMart for all my last minute stuff I needed to get. Then Mom had all the friends and family over for supper and hang out time. It was a blast, I am so blessed!!! God has given me such a wonderful family, and lots of great "step-families (aka the Kavadellas, the Okerblads, and the Blevins)."


Left: Me and Austin (my step brother) Right: All the girls who were over!

Last but not least a picture the family: Quint, Gretch, Mom, and Me.
I keep saying to myself over and over, I am so blessed. Because I truly am. I just know that I'm gonna feel it even more when I return after being with so many kids who don't have any families at all. It always brings me back to Luke 12:48 "To whom much is given, much is expected." Which I guess that means I have a lot to be expected of.... because I have been given SO much!

I have no idea when the next time I'll be able to post, but hopefully next week sometime, so be sure and check!


Lord, I pray that as I enter on this journey you have so intricately planned and allowed to happen, I pray that I seek YOUR PATH, regardless of how alluring the World's path can look sometimes. I pray that I choose Your plan, even when its harder. Francis Chan quotes this: "How we live our days, is how we live our lives."
God I pray that I fix my eyes on you so that I live my days as you would want me to live my life. I pray that everyday this summer I wake up saying "Yes" I am ready for what YOU have planned, whether its what I want or not. I pray that my team uses every encounter on this journey to be an opportunity to show Your love. God I pray that on those days where helping one more person just seems like too much, I pray that you help me to choose YOU. Lord I am in awe that you who deserve all honor and glory, and who sits reigning above all things, could use someone like me as a vessel for you, even though I have failed you so many times. God thank you for what you did on the cross. Thank you for your love. Your unfailing love. I pray I don't ever forget what you've done and I allow myself to strive in humbleness of that as each day passes. God allow my heart to be transformed to always respond with "Yes" to you, and to act on what you Call us to do, which is "to act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with you." Micah 6:8.
Bye Bye Friends :)

3 comments:

  1. um al...
    me and schmoonbs were there monday you brat.
    have fun in africa though. don't forget about me! haha i'll be praying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love you allee :)
    keep us posted! will be praying for you all the time and thinking about you always!

    and those return to allee rodenbaugh stickers are seriously the best invention ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love you allee & miss you already! i know you will have a great time and learn so much! be safe & have fun :) can't wait to hear allllll about it!
    love you, kris.

    ReplyDelete