Friday, May 21, 2010

Exactly 2 weeks today!


Today we got our itinerary, and man am I excited or what!

Heres a bit of the breakdown.

First stop. Tororo, Uganda which is on the east side. Nearly on the border of Kenya! While learning how to live like true Ugandans, we will be working with a local church and spending our time mingling with the locals and ministering to the community through house visits, teaching in schools, preaching, children's ministry, and exploring nearby villages!

Next stop. Nanyuki, Kenya. Before we get there we will stock up on food and supplies before heading into the bush on a long walk. Did I mention it was long? Welp, its long! We'll be backpacking all the way from Kenya to Uganda. We will then be working with a fairly secluded village of the Masaai tribe, deep into the bush at the foot of Mount Kenya. As a team we will seek God's heart for our ministry time there! My team leader mentioned we may choose to conduct VBS for the kids, visit Bomas (Masaai homesteads), hold revival meetings, Who knows? Anything could happen!

And from there we are off to Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania!

A few weeks ago, it started to hit me when we received our packing list. You should of seen the look on my face. I like to pretend I'm not a pansy, and hide my girly attributes of being a cheerleader for 9 years. But as I've heard from many friends, I'm horrible at hiding it. darn it.

- a 1 man tent, a mess kit, nalgene, and a 70 liter hiking pack (which everything Im bringing has to fit in this backpack, no extra luggage and 50 pounders.. dang...)
-oh and for shirts, only 4-6 tshirts total!

WHHAT? crazy!

talk about entertainment. me in the "bush".

No comments:

Post a Comment